[Spridgets] RWA Midget

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 27 07:29:49 MDT 2007

As I travelled up to my parents' place last evening, I noticed a white RWA Midget with a 'for sale' sign on a parallel street in a town I was passing through.  So ... I detoured.  It was a semi-glossed over mess.  New Cooper tires.  Top looked newish.  Quick body work (bondo) over rust and rust showing through.  Adhesive rubber strip down the sides instead of chrome.  The rubberized rust coating coming off the bottom with the metal coming off with it.  One front fender sprung at the bottom and the other one with no seam at the bottom.  etc. etc.  Seats looked good.  There was also ( my French isn't good ) an "unfit" permit on the windshield.  While I am broke, I thought that it might still be a good idea to find out how much he wanted for this 'parts' car.  So, I phoned the number on the car while I sat there.  $3000!  I said immediately that I wasn't interested.  He proudly told me that he had an estimate for a $4000 blasting and repainting job for it and continued to try to sell me on it.  I didn't try to set him straight.  I figured he was way too far out to lunch to waste time with.  After I got him off the phone, and drove for a while, I figured maybe I should have made an offer and left my number.  Maybe I should have checked the date on that permit to see how long it's been there.

What would you have done?

Robert D.