[Spridgets] now starting problems..

WJHS1960 WJHS1960 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 21:14:13 MDT 2007

<<Check your battery voltage while the starter is engaged...>>

Almost right, Dave.

As I have already told Lester, the battery needs to be "Load Tested".
Although your method "could" be a good indicator, Volts ( tho related) are not
the same as AMPERAGE.  A simple Battery Tester would do it, tho $30 or so for
the tester instrument that a shadetree/hobbyist MIGHT use 1 every other year
would seem like a lot of bucks for something to sit in a cabinet or drawer.

I get LOTS of cars in that have sat for 3-4 years.  I don't even get my 30
year old Tester out.  Battery IS junk.  Sure you could empty acid and fill
with new acid, throw on a HI amp charger, empty again and re-fill again and
then repeat.  And you MIGHT get a battery to last a season but I doubt it.

Batteries for Spridgets are cheaper than the Tester!!

FYI & FWIW, tester is Milton Model 1260 (first time it's been outta drawer in
4 or 5 years<G>).

Ed