[Spridgets] Distributors

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 27 16:49:38 MDT 2007

So is there a map or chart to tell what is a good curve to suit certain mods?

  what i'm asking is, can I reap the benefits of someone elses expensive dyno time and just order a curve to suit certain mods: like a 270' cam, LCB & dellorto and maybe slightly higher CR ( havent checked the combustion volume and done the sums yet)

  I noticed that MM sells a pertronix fitted 25D distributor for $200. Anyone tried one of those? They have a table of the advance curve on the website. I dunno but I expect it is stock. (max 12' diz advance all in by 3000rpm)

  Can 123 distributors fit in sprites? (i probably should direct that question to the (RHD) brits and australians.)

  Andy

derf <derf247 at gmail.com> wrote:
  I agree. An otherwise wonderfully tuned car without a good dizzy
curve is little better than a car with stock tuning.
A-series dizzies have much room for improvement in the advance curve
tuning department.
Cheers,
Derf
a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au