[Spridgets] A Puzzle

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 15:25:52 MDT 2007

David Doiron wrote:  "These tags were applied on MOST of the cars that were processed by "British Motor Cars", the distibutor for the US west coast based in San Francisco."

Well, that certainly makes sense!  Each state, of course, has its own laws regarding vehicle registration.  "Back then", some states went by the year of manufacture, some (for imports) went by the year imported unless it had documentation otherwise, and for homebuilt cars like Johnny Cash's, by the year first registered.

"Istill have a tiny box in my roll-away full of little black tags."

I suspect they would be coveted by the concours devotees of several marques

"As to the crayon markings, I had no dealings with them and cannot help."

Most people never saw them because they were hidden from view.

Buster Evans