[Spridgets] A Puzzle

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 23:23:50 MDT 2007

Gerard wrote:  "Yep, I have had a couple 60's vintage BMC's with that tag... the '64 MG 1100 I have now has a BMC64 and had an MKI Midget with that plastic tag too."

I think people are losing sight of the original issue.  Bill believed, "It has certainly been a while, but that sure sounds like the tag the
state of California used to fasten beside the VIN number to authorize a year of first sale."

However, the plate Larry ref errs to is, "at the trailing edge of the chassis plate was shared in holding down the leading edge of this second tag."

It is my contention that the *State of California* never put such a tag on a vehicle.  Neither did my new Bugeye have such a tag.

Buster