[Spridgets] How I spent my weekend

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Tue Aug 7 10:49:12 MDT 2007

Well, if someone were to give me a working ribcase that didn't need
rebuilding I certainly wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but
until that happens I'll be driving the smoothcase.

That smoothcase came out of my '69 Midget that I drove daily for 5
years. I never had any idea it was a smoothcase until the day I pulled
it out of the car. It always functioned perfectly. I'd bet good money
that there are very few people who could tell the difference between the
two types of transmissions based on how they drive.

I did bid on a ribcase on ebay this weekend and I was the high bidder
when the auction ended but the seller had a $250 reserve. I'd rather put
that money towards a 5 speed than towards a questionable ribcase.

Thanks,

Robert