[Spits] Clutch is slipping

Jim Dwyer jim.dwyer at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 26 14:26:07 MDT 2012

My clutch is starting to slip on my 76 Spit and probably needs replacing.

This winter I am planning on taking the tranny out through the interior and I
will also replace the three U joints in the rear end, get the flywheel
resurfaced, and replace the fluids in the tranny and rear end while I am at
it.

The only parts I have so far are the U joints and the rubber tranny mounts.  I
may need to install a new carpet set as well if the old one does not come out
in one piece.

Any suggestions on parts that work well or other things that I should do or
check while everything is apart would be appreciated.

Any tips or tricks that I should know would be great as well.

Thanks

Jim