[Spits] Manifold Paint Color

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Fri Jul 27 16:45:06 MDT 2012

I highly recommend this paint for exhaust manifolds:

http://www.seymourpaint.com/high_temperature_paint.html

I used the "cast blast" color on my Ford Model A manifold (after
sandblasting it),
and after two years and a few hundred miles of driving it looks as good as
new.
Not a bit of rust or discoloration anywhere.

I had previously painted the manifold with VHT FlameProof paint, but their
"cast iron" color did not look much like cast iron, and after a while it
started getting stained.  I re-sandblasted the manifold and did it over
with the Seymour paint, which I am much happier with.

Just be sure to get the manifold sandblasted, and cure the paint in the
oven.

Doug