[Spits] Manifold Paint Color

John Henard johnhenard at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:13:20 MDT 2012

JonMac
Thanks - that is the info i am looking for.

--John Henard

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:45:20 +0100
From: flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Spits] Manifold Paint Color
To: johnhenard at hotmail.com; spitfires at autox.team.net

John

As I recall from all new cars up to 1972 and later years that I have seen
subsequently, the exhaust manifold was painted in a heat resistant silver. For
HR paint at the time, it was quite good and didn't burn off very fast. As I'm
in the UK, I don't know the colour names and ranges in the States. However, if
a US enthusiast can give you that detail and then maybe you could get yours
ceramic coated in the same or very close to?

 Cheers, Jonmac

http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk