[Spits] Spit O/D Issues

Greg Rowe growe58 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:56:08 MDT 2012

Yes, correct, always hot with the ignition on.  I believe it goes
first to the inhibitor on the front top of the tranny which has
a plunger that shuts off the power when the gearshift isn't
off to the right and then to the switch on the gear shift lever
and then to the solenoid, but I'm not 100% sure.

And yes you can run a hot wire directly to the solenoid.  As the
other poster pointed out, you would need to be in 3th or 4th to
hear the click if you're using the lever switch but with a hot lead directly
will bypass that.  Probably obvious, but as a caution, don't drive
it that way since OD+reverse=big dollar transmission repairs.

It's been a couple of years since I've done this and my memory
isn't quite what it ...what was I saying?  Oh yeah, just be aware that
I have no real OD expertise, just successfully sorted out a similar problem
a couple of years ago so I may not be addressing everything.

Good luck!

Greg Rowe