[Spits] Swing Spring

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Tue Jun 30 10:11:26 MDT 2009

Alex,
Unless you are replacing the axles with longer ones from a later MkIV or
1500 as well, I think you are going to be disappointed with your results.
Triumph originally put the swing-spring in with the shorter axles but must
have found that it did not resolve the problems and then went to the longer
axles.

That is why the later cars have so much negative camber and the resulting
spring sag after a while.

You can resolve the wheel tuck problem using your original fixed spring by
adding one of my camber compensators and retain the normal stance of the
car.  It also will not have the sort of body roll that you will experience
with the swing-spring.

Joe