[Spits] Rear Axle Puller

Mark Sinclair sinclair at degenkolb.com
Mon Aug 3 18:10:06 MDT 2009

Thanks to all those that replied.
I've ordered the Canley one, so we'll see how that goes.

Of course I couldn't resist, and was messing around with one of the
inner axle assemblies, and bent the flange plate slightly. Wishful
thinking that perhaps mine were mysteriously loose I guess.  Anyway, I
bent it back so that it looks stright - to the eyeball anyway.

Side note, the flange is very wimpy, bends like cardboard, don't even
bother with a regular puller.

Wondering if I should bother trying to reuse this on the vehicle?  If
the plate bends that easily I'm hoping that torque-ing it down to the
diff unit will keep it sealed - perhaps with a thicker gasket.  Had
anyone had success with this, or should I just plan to replace it?

Cheers
Mark Sinclair