[Spits] GT6 Radiator Caps

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 11:36:20 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/30/2008 10:33:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
doug at dougbraun.com writes:

Is this a stock engine?

Hey Doug,
In my case no, the motor in my hot running 68/70 GT6+   is not stock.
Unfortunately, I am in the same boat as Todd for the PO  did all the work on it so,
how much modification was done is not  known.  I believe he said it will "GO
FAST".

Now I have all the shrouds, made out of aluminum.  I  wondered about that.
Is that a good idea?  Heat transfer?  I  have the Oil Cooler but it sets right
in front of the aluminum radiator no  doubt blocking some air flow.  I have a
Jet Hot Coated Header which is  supposed to transfer heat better but ask my
wife what it is like to ride in  the passenger seat behind that sucker on a hot
day?  Oh, bad for her but  really pretty good for me for she strips to nearly
naked to cope with it!  ( :

The worst thing is the breaking up after a period of hot  running.  I thought
it was the Crane ignition module going nuts but now I  think it may be the
early Strommies heating up, expanding and sticking the  pistons????

Darrell

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.