[Spits] GT6 Radiator Caps

Todd Bermudez red_tr250 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 12:54:09 MST 2008

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I got one for my birthday back in September.  I
also suspected all the usual suspects(sender, gauge,
stabilizer).  I installed an electric fan which goes
on with the key AND a aftermarket gauge...the kind
with the capillary tube.  It went up to around 205 or
so.  Never boiled over, but when it was running hot
you could tell at idle...it would start to stumble a
bit.  I'm hoping the radiator shroud will help.  I
guess if all else fails, I'll buy one of those fancy
Aluminium radiators for 400(i think) bucks.

Oh, to keep with the correct gauges, I bought a dual
smiths guage...it's nice to know what kind of oil
pressure you're running too!  Oh and I added a yellow
plastic fan instead of the metal mk1 fan.  So I have a
puller and a pusher and I still can't keep it cool  I
put flush in the block & then the diff broke so I had
to drain all of it before I managed to freeze up as it
is winter.

As a side note, I figured I'd use the heat sensor from
harbor freight to figure out if the mixture was
somewhat balanced between front & back of the
head....for those of you with 2 carbs.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez # 597
Cincinnati, OH