[Spits] GT6 Radiator Caps

Todd Bermudez red_tr250 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 08:32:43 MST 2008

Aside from spring issues, I noticed that the PO
installed a 7 lb radiator cap which would be stock on
a GT6 mk1 application.  However the engine is a MK2
engine and I think it has domed pistons...it goes
really well!  I noted that the parts books all call
for a 13 lb cap.  Would this help cool the system
better?  I ran hot all summer long so of course I ran
the heater!  Thank goodness for those CLOTH Miata
seats!  Oh, we picked up a radiator shroud from
Spitbits.  I'm hoping that will help.  I haven't
installed that yet.  Nigel told me it installs on the
engine shields.  Unfortunately, I don't have those.
Anyone have extras?  I'm quite certain, I can
fabricate something if I had something to work from.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez # 597
Cincinnati, OH
'68 GT6 MK1 RHD