[Spits] help on gearbox disassembly

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Mon Dec 15 20:38:31 MST 2008

I don't recall ever having any difficulty getting the rear extension housing off.

I hop you didn't take the instructions too literally, and try to remove the flange without removing the nut first.  :-)

Do you have to do anything relating to the speedometer drive?
I forget, but does the speedometer drive assembly have to come out first?

A piece of 2x4 is an excellent substitute for a leather mallet.

You definitely do have to remove the rear housing, so that the
main shaft and the counter shaft can come out.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit