[Spits] Moisture from a concrete floor?

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Mon Jun 25 17:38:28 MDT 2007

I would definitely worry about it!  It would be worse
in a closed shed with no air circulation, or if the
slab was on top of a naturally damp area.

I believe that if you are building a garage, etc, you
are supposed to put a plastic vapor barrier under the
cement.

A plastic sheet would probably help if it did not
collect rainwater and make things worse. If you are
sure you will not be touching the cars, you could wrap
a big plastic sheet around each car, seal it with
tape, and put a tub of moisture absorber under the
car.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit