[Spits] Rear suspension modification question

Chris Crisenbery ccrisenbery at fellerfinch.com
Mon Jun 25 08:47:05 MDT 2007

Dear Listers,

I'm looking at making an adjustable rear shackle to be able to adjust
the rear tires camber.  I believe Kas Kastners book has a picture of an
adjustable shackle.  I'm talking about the piece that attaches at the
end of the spring and bolts to the rear axle trunnion and lower shock
mount.

Have any of you done this modification?  I believe the Kas detail shows
the 2 "eyes" being whacked off of the shackle and a rod end welded onto
each side to take it's place.  I believe when you screw the rod ends up
you will lengthen the overall length of the shackle and it should raise
the car by having less camber on the rear wheels.

I would be interested in any pictures or experience in doing this mod.

Thanks

Christopher E. Crisenbery, P.E.
Feller, Finch & Associates, Inc.
2797 Spring Arbor Rd., Suite B