[Spits] Weird engine idle

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Tue Aug 28 05:37:37 MDT 2007

Originally there was no spark at #3.  I put a new set of plugwires on and
now there is spark.  I think I lead you astray, when I said there was no
change, I meant in terms of how the engine was acting.

The distributor has a Crane electronic ignition and I had my distributor
rebuilt last winter.

I did put an older cap and rotor on the distributor, but called away before
I had a chance to fire up the car, tonight's project.

                      "Clark W. Nicholls"
                      <clarkfot at cwnicholls.          To:      <mark.jones at exxonmobil.com>
                      net>                           cc:      <Spitfires at autox.team.net>
                                                     Subject: RE: [Spits] Weird engine idle

                      08/27/2007 05:07 PM

Are you sure there's no spark only on that cylinder?
Check the points gap too.
Try it on different dist cam lobes, see if it changes.
If the distributor is worn and the shaft wobbles it could be worse on that
one cylinder perhaps.
I solved my worn distributor by installing the crane/Allison solid state
system.
Let us know!