[Spits] fan clutch

Larry Vaughan ljvaughan at pldi.net
Tue Aug 21 17:07:30 MDT 2007

Hey Joe,
That explains why a ford or chevy heats up driving thru mud, the ones
with viscous couplers known as clutch fans anyway. So the improvement
over fixed fans may not have been much of an improvement. Electric fans
appear to be the best bet, if you don't blow a fuse.
I should probably use the 1973 fixed fan. Its light weight plastic.
Let me hear some opinions on the best fan setup. I am aware that an
electric fan mounted on the front of the radiator blocks airflow at high
speed, so it is not much of a back up except in town.

Larry