[Spits] fan clutch

Larry Vaughan ljvaughan at pldi.net
Sat Aug 18 16:27:51 MDT 2007

I bought a new water pump for my Spitfire. It's a mongrel but I went
with the 1977 large upright radiator and the clutch type fan. Before I
mounted the clutch on the new water pump, I heated it up with a hair
dryer to see how much the resistance changed. When it was too hot to
handle bare handed, with mitts, I could turn the center part as easily
as when it was cold? There is a fair amount of resistance cold but it
should increase with heat right? How much heat? To the point of lock up?

Larry