[Spits] Montreal Transportation information

agostinihp at earthlink.net agostinihp at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 8 05:16:42 MDT 2007

Hi folks in the Montreal, QC area,

I hate to bomb the list with this question but I am in a spot of bother to say the least.

Is there any bus service that anyone knows of from Cowanville, QC, or that area, to Montreal?  Once in Montreal I am fine.  If you can tell me the name of the busline(s) it would be greatly appreciated.  I have tried Google but that is a bit limited with such a specific question.

The reason for the this info request is the following.  This past Saturday I was rear ended just short of the Canada-US border.  I slowed down for the 50 KMH zone just before the border.  The other driver hit me dead center in the rear.  It appears the other driver fell asleep or had road fatigue and did not see me.  There are two lanes there and there were no other cars on the road there at that time, with clear weather at about 5PM.  Go figure!!!!  My car was totaled (an Acura) and I had to rent a car to get back (I won't get into all the details of the balance of the horror show).  By the way, I was treated with a great deal of courtesy and help by the QCers I encountered, including a Canadian Border officer, who made sure I was taken care of.

I need to return the rental car to Cowansville, QC (that is where the hospital is located where I was taken) to avoid a heavy drop off fee.  Consequently, I would like to take the bus in Montreal which makes a stop in the city where I live (Lowell, MA).  My problem is connecting with the bus station in Montreal.

Also, any information about how to handle accidents in QC would be greatly appreciated.  I have the info on how to get the accident report but I would appreciate any tips or suggestions QCers may have.

Any information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards to all, and thank you for your help and your patience with this email.

Hector