[Spits] Camber Compensator for Herald?

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 18:21:22 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/7/2007 5:40:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charliebrownphoto at comcast.net writes:

Joe  Curry, are you out there?

We've got a guy in our club with a Herald and  he's looking for a rear
suspension upgrade.

At one point, I  believe, you were reproducing the camber compensators from
the days of  yore.

Still have them? Do you know if they'll work for  Heralds?

==AM==
Charlie, I don't know where Joe is at this moment, but I do know that a
camber compensator will work just as well on a Herald as it does on a  Spitfire!

Allow me a fond memory here....

Back around 1972, a friend and I drove to NYC in my Mk3 Spitfire for the  New
York Auto Show. Considering where we were in Manhattan (show was at the
Coliseum then), we decided to make the "pilgrimage" to Triumph's showroom @ 1745
Broadway.

Despite the fact that we both were long-haired hippies at the time, we had  a
very nice chat with legendary salesman Tim Craxton. The conversation drifted
around to Heralds, and he let on that he had one. He told me that he'd put a
camber compensator and Koni shocks on the car, and it was the best thing he'd
 ever done!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)