[Spits] what parts should I take?

David LaChance dlachance at hemmings.com
Mon Aug 6 08:30:42 MDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a 1979 Spitfire that's too rusted to restore, but has
an overdrive gearbox that I'd like to install in my 1978 Spit. Does
anyone have a list of all the things I'll need to take off the old car
to make the swap? Beyond that, are there any parts I should be sure to
save? I've got my own long list, but I just want to make sure I don't
miss anything.

By the way, I'm offering the bumpers free to a good home (you pay
shipping). They're oxidized, but they're in pretty good shape,
otherwise.

Thanks!
Dave LaChance
1978 1500