[Shop-talk] flood light extension (Steven Trovato)

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Wed Jun 5 21:24:16 MDT 2024

Brian,

This is just a light on my home/shop.  While I
try to do things the right way, no one will be
inspecting this.  Does code even apply to
this?  This is essentially a light fixture, not
part of structure wiring.  I have seen homemade
light fixtures like creative artistic
chandeliers.  I have also seen outdoor lights
made of things like old lanterns or the globes
from old gas pumps.  I'm not trying to challenge
you here, I really don't know where the line is drawn.

-Steve T