[Shop-talk] Unwarping an antique tabletop?

Eric Russell ejrussell61 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 18:17:12 MDT 2023

If you have fairly unobstructed access to the underside, you can use a
Skill saw or router to cut some grooves 1/2 to 3/4 of the thickness of the
table's top (especially in areas of the most warpage) and then add some
cleats across the underside to pull the warpage of it.

I wouldn't do this to a valuable antique but it is more likely to be
successful than trying to rehydrate/dehydrate warped wood.

EjR