[Shop-talk] Good quality garden hose

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 13:29:22 MDT 2022

IMO, rubber is the way to go (I have to drag several long hoses around
to water a large yard). The plastic ones get stiff as <insert favorite
analogy here> in the cold, kink easily and eventually crack. Rubber
isn't perfect; it can kink if you abuse it and will eventually
deteriorate, turning your hands black, but will work for a decade or
more and the fittings are usually more robust. Unfortunately, as the
plastic ones are so much cheaper--all some people care about--rubber
hoses are getting harder to find, but I've bought several Craftsmen
brand off Amazon over the years.