[Shop-talk] Floor Jack Repair

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Wed Mar 23 21:58:46 MDT 2022

At 06:52 PM 3/23/2022, you wrote:

 >I have a craftsman heavy duty floor jack that used to be able to
lift my 71 Jeep.
 >The jack has leaked empty and needs to be restored/repaired.

Tim,

I have a Craftsman 2 1/2 ton floor jack.  Several years ago it quit
lifting.  It blew
the seals.  I found a seal kit on line by searching for the jack
model number.  The
seal kit fits a bunch of jacks.  Seems to me I paid about $50 for the
seal kit.  After
I did that, I thought why did it do that?  I had bought a dad a new
floor jack for
Xmas around the same time and it was only $60.  But now I haven't seen a floor
jack for under $100.  So after I finish a few more of the projects on
my list, I want
to rebuild that floor jack.

 >Any idea where I can have this done? I have no problem shipping it
if it is a good
 >company.

If you don't want to do it yourself look around your area for any
hydrolics repair
shop.  They can probably do it for you.  You don't want to pay the
shipping cost
round trip to send it out for repair.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction