[Shop-talk] What's the deal with impact torx sockets?

Donald H Locker dhlocker at comcast.net
Mon May 31 03:05:19 MDT 2021

The spline drive applies the forces from the applied torque more closely
to tangentially to the radius of the spline. More efficient conversion
of driver torque to fastener torque. The wikipedia article has a pretty
good description.

Donald.
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail