[Shop-talk] Mower blade orientaaion relative to piston

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue May 18 18:34:44 MDT 2021

Possibly of some interest: I had a Craftsman walk-behind that quit
running suddenly. I tore the engine down, didn't find anything, then
finally took it to a repair shop. They told me the blade had a crack in
it that caused the problem; supposedly the blade is part of a timing
loop that fires the spark. Sort of makes sense if you think of the blade
as a flywheel with a position sensor on it.

Bob