[Shop-talk] LED Headlamps

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 10:57:23 MDT 2021

That is a good point(s). A lot of the descriptions seemed slanted
towards running in the dark--I don't do that, unless someone's chasing
me--and doing realistic things in a shop is kind of an afterthought.

I tried using what appears to be a decent-quality headset--brand
unknown--but there just wasn't enough illumination when I was in the
grease pit looking for a socket and extension I'd dropped into the
engine bay. I had to resort to using a small (2AA) LED flashlight, which
was the right amount of light but, obviously, wasn't convenient to use
when I found the socket and needed two hands to retrieve it. Glare isn't
a huge issue looking into an engine bay; at least, on my mostly stock
cars without chrome everything.