[Shop-talk] Plumbing help requested

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Sun Jun 13 06:29:40 MDT 2021

Are Fernco couplings rated for pressure? A quick look @ their site shows DWV use.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

On Jun 12, 2021, at 4:24 PM, John T. Blair <jblair1948 at cox.net> wrote:

 At 12:21 PM 6/12/2021, Matt wrote:

>Well, after around 4 years I finally decided that the leak in the supply line to the
>shop is not going to "heal" of its own accord.  Paid for the leakfinder to come
>locate it for me and commenced to dig thru the concrete.  I know they have >come a long way with the sharkbite type fittings.  Any recommendations for a
>high reliability repair to connect the 3/4 pvc supply to the 3/4 and 1/2 copper
>coming out of the slab?

If the leak is below the 1/2 break out tween where the 3/4" pipe connects to the
other 3/4" pipe, why not try something like a Fernco coupling.  They make all
different sizes.  The only problem is you'll have to cut the short copper pipe to
slide the Frenco coupling over each end of the leak.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
     e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
     In God We Trust
     Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                  oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

Shop-talk at autox.team.net