[Shop-talk] Plumbing help requested

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 15:23:13 MDT 2021

At 12:21 PM 6/12/2021, Matt wrote:

 >Well, after around 4 years I finally decided that the leak in the
supply line to the
 >shop is not going to "heal" of its own accord.  Paid for the
leakfinder to come
 >locate it for me and commenced to dig thru the concrete.  I know
they have >come a long way with the sharkbite type fittings.  Any
recommendations for a
 >high reliability repair to connect the 3/4 pvc supply to the 3/4
and 1/2 copper
 >coming out of the slab?

If the leak is below the 1/2 break out tween where the 3/4" pipe
connects to the
other 3/4" pipe, why not try something like a Fernco coupling.  They make all
different sizes.  The only problem is you'll have to cut the short
copper pipe to
slide the Frenco coupling over each end of the leak.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction