[Shop-talk] Question about shop pants?

David Scheidt dmscheidt at gmail.com
Sun May 10 07:15:16 MDT 2020

> On May 10, 2020, at 05:53, eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:
>
> OK, I have to ask what most of you hard working shop guy wear for pants?
>
> No, this isn't a dirty question.  It's just that I burn through shop pants fairly quickly.  They mostly rip in the crotch long before they are worn out completely.

I wear carhart b11 and b01 trousers. They are the same basic design, the b01 has a double front (and some are made in the USA).  They’re carpenter pants, hammer loop, ruler pocket, screwdriver pocket.   They are high waisted, so easy to move in.
 Try a couple sizes, they don’t fit the same as jeans b

> I switched to Duluth fire hose pants and they seem to be a little better, but still not great, and I notice their "No Bull" guarantee has changed a lot and isn't so 'no bullish' anymore.

They wouldn’t replace a shoulder bag I got as a gift, because I didn’t have a receipt.  The swivel for the shoulder strap used the paint to keep it from coming apart; when it wore through the bag took a spill down a flight of stairs.  Both swivels were the same, so I think it was just utterly crap.