[Shop-talk] attic fan switches (does this exist?)

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Thu Jul 30 06:33:54 MDT 2020

I have an attic fan that is on a thermostatic switch.

I was wondering if there was a way that I can have it on a  thermostatic
switch AND a remote switch (like X-10)

What happens is that  I want to turn on the fan on some nights or days,
but it isn't hot enough to trigger it to go off.  If I reduce the
temperature setting, it stays on most on the time.

But I do want it to go on if it gets too hot when I'm not home.

Is there anything like this on the market?  I also couldn't figure out how
to wire 2 separate switches safely to accomplish this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mule

Waldo Emerson