[Shop-talk] Ratchet rebuilding WAS Socket marking? (and a quick 'why?)

Tim . tims_datsun_stuff at outlook.com
Mon Jul 27 17:19:47 MDT 2020

"I suspect that ratchet head on your torque wrench can be rebuilt. If
it's the fine tooth round head version, they're prone to getting
gunked up with dried grease, and a simple disassembly, cleaning, and
light relube often takes care of it.  there's a goofy spring that does
the reversing of the pawl, they do break."

Both of my 1/2" ratchets have given up. One is a craftsman but with Sears gone and the nearest Lowes well over an hour from me, I think rebuilding is my best option. (Hell, I didn't even know it was an option.)

So, MY question is where would one source parts for them?

Thanks
tim