[Shop-talk] notching metal

Jim Stone 1789alpine at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 10:19:19 MST 2020

I’ve used a cutoff wheel in my Dremel before for smaller cuts, finishing the corners with a jigsaw.  3/4” is pretty narrow and you might have to cut from both sides to get all the way through, but the jigsaw cleanup should be pretty easy after that.  Most Dremel cutoffs I’ve tried are crap that break way too easily, but I’ve had good luck with the EZ Lock wheels.  https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-EZ406-02-Cut-Off-Mandrel-Cutting/dp/B000FBLRVA/ref=sr_1_5?crid=117BCIAHMHP0P&keywords=dremel+ez+lock+metal+cutting+wheel&qid=1578158034&sprefix=Dremel+e%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-5 <https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-EZ406-02-Cut-Off-Mandrel-Cutting/dp/B000FBLRVA/ref=sr_1_5?crid=117BCIAHMHP0P&keywords=dremel+ez+lock+metal+cutting+wheel&qid=1578158034&sprefix=Dremel+e,aps,151&sr=8-5>.