[Shop-talk] multimeter recommendations

old dirtbeard dirtbeard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:08:23 MDT 2020

I am sure that it is more than you want to spend, but everybody should
treat themselves to a Simpson 260:

https://www.amazon.com/Simpson-260-8-12388-Analog-Multimeter/dp/B002R6MWL0

I have had mine for 30 years, and it still smells new.  It is an absolute
joy to pull out of the box and use.

100% USA made by native Americans, the Lake Superior Chippewa Indian tribe:

https://simpsonelectric.com/about-us/history

The switchgear is amazing (feels like it could switch 14.4K VAC), bakelite
case, taut-band suspension, great for variable voltages, etc.

There really is nothing else like it on the market today.

You will never regret buying one and you probably will need to put it in
your will for someone that you love and trust.

best,

doug