[Shop-talk] Driveway gates

Jim Stone 1789alpine at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 07:15:34 MDT 2020

Assuming you can expose enough of the surface, could you could weld a ring onto the end of it and then try limiting it up with an engine lift?  I’ve used my lift for many jobs besides pulling/installing engines, such as pulling wooden fence posts and even bushes out of the ground.  You might have to provide a base for the lift, but could drill a large hole in a pice of plywood and place that over the pipe.  Pull up the pipe, grind off the ring and then tap it down to the old location.  Or, remove it entirely and pound in a new, slightly longer piece.

Jim