[Shop-talk] Why in the world do we need 'spinning' brake pistons?

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 13 17:16:32 MDT 2018

I'm told it is how the parking brake adjusts itself when the pads get
worn.  The parking brake lever pulls a cable which actuates the rear
brake calipers.  Discovered the special tool after battling the rear
brakes on my wife's Jetta.  I borrowed the special tool from the local
O'Reilly or Pep Boys.

If I remember correctly, I had to use the brakes a couple times before
the parking brake worked again.

Brian