[Shop-talk] Squeaky brakes

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Wed May 17 07:07:19 MDT 2017

Michael asks three questions-
>First question:  can you determine the origin of the pads?  Are they OEM,
or aftermarket?

I can't tell.  I would image they are aftermarket as they do not have any
Benz logo on them.

>Second question:  most of recent Mercedes models are brake-by-wire.  Is
this one?  If so, the problem may be due to the signals coming from the
sensors rather than the pads.

I have to check into this.

>Third question:  does the problem replicate when the pads ordinarily
should be fully warmed up (say, after some stop-go-traffic or repeated
braking before turns)?  If not, it may just be the compound of the brake
pads and they will likely have to be changed.

Only when the pads are warm.  When cold, they don't make any noises.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson