[Shop-talk] Stud finder - squeaky floor

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Tue May 2 18:20:34 MDT 2017

Try tapping the floor w/a hammer moving over a few inches while listening to the tones. When away from support it will have a deeper tone, getting higher as you get to framing. Then you can drill holes until you find the edges.

Removing the carpet first will help with the sound.

Btw, when drilling holes, space the holes a couple inches apart until you find framing then go back 1". Is no framing, go ahead 1/2" & keep dividing until you find the edge. If backing up still shows framing, then go back 1/2", etc.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity