[Shop-talk] Garage Door Sensor Challenge

Eric J Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Fri Feb 3 15:57:12 MST 2017

I don't think it is a good idea to bypass the door sensors. They are a good safety feature.

All the sensors need is to be positioned so they 'sense' if anything breaks their beam across the door opening. The ones in the photo you included clip onto the door tracks. I'd try to re-position them to clear the 'man door'. IIRC, the bracket clips to the door track and the sensor mounts to the bracket. As long as neither the bracket or sensor is in the way of the garage door itself I'd think it could be reworked to be moved a few inches.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC