[Shop-talk] seat slide/locking mount

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Fri Aug 18 21:58:51 MDT 2017

I need to install a new seat on my tractor.  Here is the problem, the seat
needs to be removal (toolless) so I can get to common items under it.  The
seat sits on a metal plate that swings up, and the plates can't lift up if
there is a seat on it.

So, I was thinking something like a car seat track to move the seat
forward or back without a lock so it can slide off the rail.

BUT, there is a problem with that, as I can't move the seat more than an
inch or two forward or backwards.

So I need a mounting method where I can place the seat down, slide it back
less than 3 inches and have it lock in place.  Then a quick release that
will allow me to unlock and slide it forward to remove it.

I can't figure out what to be looking up to find such a mounting system.

I already have the seat, so I just need this system.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson