[Shop-talk] air conditioning misting system

David Scheidt dmscheidt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 06:00:48 MDT 2017

> On Aug 10, 2017, at 19:01, Steven Trovato <strovato at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> I haven't checked lately, but some room air conditioner manufacturers were doing something very similar from the factory.  There is plenty of condensation available, and it is essentially distilled water, so scale shouldn't be an issue.  What they did was continuously splash the condensate onto the coil, providing some evaporative cooling.  It isn't a miracle, but apparently it helped.

A so called "slinger ring" is close to universal on new efficient window units. It's probably necessary for meeting energy star requirements. I had a large LG unit at the last place that had no drain, overflow condensate would just spill out the back.  Except it never did, the compressor was hot enough to vaporize it even at 75 or 80 dew points.