[Shop-talk] air conditioning misting system

Dave C cavanadd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 11:20:11 MDT 2017

Depending on the mineral content of your water it seems like a good way
to get a nice hard scale build up on the evaporator coil, and would also
contribute to corroding the AC housing.   My guess is that if it was
actually good in practice (as opposed to sounding like a great idea in
theory) the A/C manufacturers would be installing them at the factory.

On 8/9/2017 2:32 PM, john niolon wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with the mister systems you install on your
> evaporator coil in your outside unit... good, bad, waste of time.. or
> how many thousands of dollars and kilowatt hours have you saved...
> internet hype makes them sound like the best thing since they put
> pockets on shirts...
> john

---