[Shop-talk] Bluetooh to RJ-11 phone line adaptor

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Thu Apr 20 06:33:07 MDT 2017

Ok, this is shop related as it is causing me issues when I'm trying to
work in my shop.  With all the networking discussion, this fits in.

Here is the situation...

My shop is about 100' from the house.  In my house I have a bluetooth
cordless phone system that pairs with my cell phone when I'm home (it also
uses my existing landline.)
This way I can answer my cell phone or landline on any extension in the
house.
I have been unable to find anyway to get the cordless phone signal to the
garage.  Note, There is a concrete garage in between the house (the house
has stone walls) and the shop is a metal building.  The three worst types
of buildings to transmit a signal through.

I have lots of RJ-11 and Cat5 cable run from the house to the garage.  (so
there are spare pairs.)
What I need is either:
-a bluetooth adaptor that can pair with my cell phone and offers a RJ-11
Jack out.  That way I can run that line into the shop.  I can only find
devices that take a RJ-11 IN and pair with a headset.
-a way to boost/transmit/run over cable the cordless phone signal.

I'm open to any possible way to do this.  (Do they have PBX'es that pair
with bluetooth?)  8>)

Thanks so much for this.  I hate missing calls because I'm in my shop.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson