[Shop-talk] Breakaway cabinet hinges?

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Mon Apr 3 15:43:34 MDT 2017

  What about sliding doors ?  not sure how to explain but like closet
doors on a track, no hinges to break that way.  Of course it does mean
that the doors wont line up with the front as one door will be on the
inside track but that should work.

     mike

On 4/3/2017 11:09 AM, Pat Horne wrote:
> Already have pull out shelves in over half of them. Might be helpful. I'll see what she says. Sometimes it's hard changing things for her. She used to be a general contractor!
>
> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity
>

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 1:05 PM, Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd at frontier.com> wrote:
>
> How about converting the shelves to pull out drawers?  Keep the same doors but attach the door to the bottom of the lower drawer.  This would involve considerably more expense and work, converting each shelf to a pull out drawer, but would vastly improve access.
>
>> On 4/2/2017 7:51 PM, Pat Horne wrote:
>> This is actually shop related, if I can reduce the repairs to kitchen cabinet doors, I will have more time to spend in the shop!
>>
>> My wife is confined to a power chair & because of her lack of motor control manages to push cabinet doors beyond their limits, pulling the hinge mounting screws out of & splitting the face frame. We use 35mm European hinges. Anyone know of compatible hinges that would allow the doors to just pop off? The face frames are getting where they will need to be replaced. I mentioned just removing the doors but she said "That's a man's way of dealing with it......NO". Yes dear.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Peace,
>> Pat
>>
>> Pat Horne
>> We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity

> ---

A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.