[Shop-talk] cutting plate with ox/acyt torch

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Thu Nov 17 19:43:54 MST 2016

Oxweld torch... surprised me this evening I pulled the tip and it’s a 1” tip...   so now I’m thinking I’ve got a problem with mix... haven’t used ox/act in a long time... and never on 3/4... most of my stuff is no more than 1/4 and smaller and I use a metabo grinder with a cutoff wheel 90% of the time.   I’m gonna use your suggestions and try cutting again tomorrow.   I’m using a 40/4 psi  ox/act ... might inch that up a little.. hate to admit it’s probably a technique problem.