[Shop-talk] Auto Batteries

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 7 21:12:33 MST 2016

I've had good luck with Costco batteries in my cars for more than a
decade.  I had one start to go bad after a few years and swap for a new
one was quick and painless.  Don't remember if they pro-rated, but I
remember being happy.

They seem to have a pretty quick turnover, so the battery has never been
more than a few months old.  Selection is limited to popular sizes, but
never had an issue with my Triumphs, Honda, or Subaru. They didn't carry
a battery for my wife's 2008 VW Jetta though.

I do put a battery tender on the seldom driven Triumphs every few months
and I think that helps too.

Brian